Any decent uk aluminium or aluclad window manufacturers?

rh2205

You’ve guessed it from the title any companies which manufacture aluminium or aluclad windows  in the uk? Need quite a wide bi parting patio door as part of order. 

I don’t think we’re going to make the Brexit boat following a site visit today, whilst we can live with some (but not significant) delays I just don’t think the financial risk merits the hassle to our renovation of extended delays or large custom hits. We were going to order from Velfac or ideal Combi but have been in cuckoo land ignoring everything wrong in the world until I read the Brexit t&cs this evening - cuckoo land is definitely the best place right now in current climate!

• 3 weeks later...

Before I decided on timber windows I looked at Aluminium. Back then I found 3 smaller factories who make aluminium windows and doors in Bristol only and hour or so away from us. All were decent to deal with and I got quotes better than Velfac, for example. Some of them I'm aware use the aluminium profiles from companies like AluK which are also the systems used by bigger companies like Anglian. It's worth a shot to do a search for local aluminium window manufacturers near you and see what comes up.

However, the problem is that the supply chains for all these things tend to span multiple countries and juristictions so even if you find a local window maker, you're going to hit the border issue somewhere up the line.