Hot water supply to garage

CC45

Hi,

Trying to complete the garage before returning to the house and an imminent decision is about how to supply hot water to the basin in the toilet and the two sinks (one downstairs in a sort of utility room and one upstairs in my man cave).  These are highly unlikely to be used simultaneously and in fact won't be used that frequently so I'd prefer whatever device I fit not to store hot water.  The garage is detached.  A quick internet search has come up with the following:

1. Stiebel eletron type boiler.  Seen these in work supplying sinks.  Seem to work well enough and not seen one replaced yet (even in our relatively hard water area)

2. Domestic shower plumbed in

3. DAFI water heater (on ebay).

I've tried to put links in this post but failed (frustrated by the tablet and my lack of IT).  I suspect several of you may be toying with this question.

Any comments gratefully received.

CC

A domestic shower can't be terminated to a non-vented outlet ( such as a tap ;) ) It uses the open outlet do deal with expansion. 

The Steibel units seem the obvious choice, and with such low demand I'd make sure I bought the modulating one. 

Remember that will need a chunky supply cable ( 6mm t+e minimum but 10mm best if the run is long ) and a local isolation switch. 

The difference between a water heater and an instantaneous water heater is one stores heated water in varying sizes ( volume ) and the others are close to zero waste as they heat only the water you use ( like an electric shower does ). 

Site the heater between the two draw off points if possible to minimise the runs to each outlet.