Evercrete Corrugated Sheeting

AndrewR

I'm restoring an old cottage in the Highlands and the current roof is what looks like asbestos corrugated sheet. It is however stamped with the words "Evercrete Standard AO" and it looks relatively modern. I wonder therefore whether it is asbestos or merely cement.

I know that I could have an analytical test done,  but I thought that it would be easy to identify the material from the name on the sheets. Surprisingly, I cannot find any reference to it on the internet. Can anyone help please?

Andrew

Even if someone here can give you a steer as you’re querying whether asbestos I’d phone Evercrete’s UK office.  Perhaps send them a photo too.  In case the person here makes a mistake in their response.  

I contacted what the internet says is the UK office for Evercrete. Seemingly it is a different company now as Evercrete went bankrupt five years ago.

So, thanks for the advice on the postal sample process, but can you direct me to a lab that will analyse the sample for £25 please?

55 minutes ago, AndrewR said:

I contacted what the internet says is the UK office for Evercrete. Seemingly it is a different company now as Evercrete went bankrupt five years ago.

So, thanks for the advice on the postal sample process, but can you direct me to a lab that will analyse the sample for £25 please?

ebay is your friend £24.95