Tee off 22mm plastic pipe

cabrinha

Hi all, I'd like to install an outside tap and the nearest supply is the 22m blue plastic pipe the other side of the meter that feeds into the house. Can I just tee off it withe right connection and if so what would need? Can i just use a 22mm tee with a 15mm output then copper through the wall?

pipe.jpg

First off that’s 20mm or 25mm MDPE, and it’s not clear which “side” of the meter it is ..? Are you saying the meter is after this connection and then there is a feed to the house ..?

If so, that pipe is your supply pipe and you can’t tee into it as it would be unmetered water. You need to confirm that first and then can decide what to tee into. 

Its the house side, feed comes up from the left, through the meter then out to the house (where I'd like to tee off) I assumed it was 22mm but i've stuck a vernier on it and yes its 25mm, thanks

Edited by cabrinha

Ok that’s fine. It is 20mm MDPE by the looks of it but I would measure to be sure. If you can isolate the mains then just cut the pipe with a decent very sharp Stanley knife, and insert a couple of pipe stiffeners and an MDPE tee. You’ll need to find a short section of pipe to insert into the tee, then use a converter to 15mm and normal pipe from that point onward. Don’t forget to put an internal isolator prior to the outside tap in case of freezing or leaks. 

• Like 1