Sorry, I know this gets asked lots: MVHR sizing

Hi all,

I have measured my floor area to be 200m2 (140 downstairs, 60 upstairs).  The volume is around 500m3.

Which model of Vent Axia will give us the best performance (low sound, high efficiency)?  We will have some relatively long double runs (15 Metres).  Given all I have read on here regarding #ach, it would feel like the Advance S has sufficient capacity, but can't help question whether the Kinetic Plus B would mean better performance.  

https://www.bpcventilation.com/heat-recovery/heat-recovery-units?cat=29

The Sentinel has the added benefit of being able to add a wifi module, if that will be at all useful (we think we will have a budget level smart home with a degree of automation).

Plan to go for the premium additional kit, but likely the designer airy valves so we can colour them to match with the ceilings.  Are we paying a lumpy premium to get everything via BPC rather than components from all over the place?  My builder threw away the kit I bought for a hidden toilet in favour of better bits he could get himself, so wary of the quality I might be getting.

Will read more into the provisioning to clean the ducts and unit (not just the filters), as that is presumably not simple, but is essential.  Please be advised the unit will be in the loft, so accessible but with a bit of effort.

I offer my thinks in advance for any assistance.

Regards

James

Edited by tanneja

I spent ages looking around, and found BPC are massively cheaper than anywhere else, just taken delivery of all of my components. The airy valves are incredibly expensive, i've just gone for the normal metal ones, but depends what you are after. BPC stuff is all branded, I did find their PVC 125mm pipe quite thin though, bends a fair bit.

• Like 1

They're white, perhaps just a slight off white (warm white). Can take some photos if you want? I've not got them mounted yet, but plan on making a start on a couple today. If you wanted them a different colour, you could spray paint them yourself.

I bought all my components seperately from BPC rather than relying on their kits, as the kits included bits I didn't need for my install. I got the premium pipe (antibac,antistatic) which seems good quality, quietvent manifolds and domus plenums.