Marine grade plywood

ollie

Hi all i'm cladding my house in siberian larch , but want to save some cash by doing the window reveal boards in marine grade plywood.

Does anyone know of a reputable source that does a good price, we are in skipton area

thanks

Oliver 

As you are aware not all marine plywood is if the same Grade ....  I have just replaced some of my window reveals on my cabin (After 6 year's) as water had got behind the reveal and rotted the ply out. I replaced with a mix of ply and shower wall board as that’s what I had In My stock pile ( shed full of shite) but to prevent water ingress again I have added a rubber seal betweeen the larch and the ply. I also added a tin hood hood / drip to the ply at the top to protect it better as it extends beyond the vertical reveals. ( i get  winds 50+mph and water was getting in at the top corners) All in all it’s a much better solution and I am confident that it will outlast the last job by quite a long time. The edges Of the ply will Need painting each year due to my exposed location but this was not a point of weakness last time. Out of interest can you post a detail of your reveals as I would be interested to see how they are done properly!
 my cabin is made from lots of recycled materials and I make it up as I go along so don’t assume I am doing things to best practice - i.e don’t do what I do before checking with someone who actually knows what they are doing..... 

46B469DB-B03F-4141-8F4F-4D84E969FB35.jpeg

606BE590-06F4-46E2-93C5-A1932AF2B649.jpeg

46C112BA-5128-4123-B123-19E704251FCF.jpeg