Fixing Wall Mounted Semi Pedestal Basin

Robert Clark

Hi Guys

I have a fully tiled bathroom with plasterboard stud walls.

Thinking about replacing my existing pedestal basin with a 600mm wide, wall hung semi pedestal basin.

The issue is how to fix it securely to the wall without having to re tile.

Screwfix offer some toggle fixings that carry 20kg. Would 2 of these on the basin and 2 on the half pedestal be sufficient to carry the weight. Or is there a better solution?

Thanks 

The semi-peds don’t take any weight they just support themselves and cover the pipes. 

Can you not find the stud ..?? Other option is to cut a hole behind where the new sink/pedestal will be going and feed a noggin into the wall. Can be done, and surprisingly easy to do. 

Other option is to cut the wall from behind where it is being fitted and retrofit noggins that way. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, PeterW said:

The semi-peds don’t take any weight they just support themselves and cover the pipes. 

Can you not find the stud ..?? Other option is to cut a hole behind where the new sink/pedestal will be going and feed a noggin into the wall. Can be done, and surprisingly easy to do. 

Other option is to cut the wall from behind where it is being fitted and retrofit noggins that way. 

Thanks for the suggestions 

think I may have found this ideal product to do the job

https://www.screwfix.com/p/rawlplug-sinkfix-wash-basin-fixing-kit/419gp