patio wall

the patio will be 4.5 by 5 meters open at the end with two steps the top one will be the edge of the patio the lower step between the pillars and then down to the edge of the grass the two steps the same on the side of the patio but these will be next to the house the after the steps a 2.5 meter long section of wall to the third pillar which is at the end of the patio  the same lengthof wall  the other side of the patio which will key into outside wall of lounge .

my question is its not realy a retaining wall so how deep and wide do foundations need to be . looking at thermalite block high strength n 7 for wall then rendered to match house depth will be about 75 cm high do to slope down to grass.wall height on patio about 40 cm . single skin so what square would the pillars need to be  to look in proportion to the wall  .

had a guy in burbling about weight loads on rainwater drains from pillars and having to move all the drains at that point the price looked like it was going up in telephone numbers .so i have started pricing things out myself as i am sick to death of folk coming round looking at the place and seeing how much they can shake us down for . need a part time bricky for the wall then the patio concreted in with the apropriate fall and a tiler who can actualy tile properly which is another very sore point as the tiles are porcelain slip rating  r 11 and are 20mm thick so quite heavy and not for idiots to lay.

will try to put picture on for clarity , grateful of any help .

not good at drawings but could try just about to do pictures.the patio will come out 2.5 meters from lounge wall on left as you view the picture with the wall attached to lounge end .the third picture right side where light is will have the two steps pillar  and wall starting at same level as lounge wall so they both remain roughly equal drainage pipe on right is the level of patio .

DSCF1893.JPG

DSCF1892.JPG

DSCF1891.JPG

Not sure I understand about the steps and pillars but...

Building up the area to the height of the patio needs to be done correctly or it will settle unevenly. I would expect hardcore used to be laid and compacted in multiple layers not all at once. Eg 2-3 inches laid then compacted with a vibrating plate. Then another 2-3 inches, repeat until the right height. 

yep thats what we have done before the whole of the front there was small stones as you can probably see in picture 3 but the last idiot who lived there had tons of larger grey stuff on top which we are slowly getting rid of.the two walls are on the left picture two from the wall that sticks out and is extending into the grass by 2.5m which will then not be there then on the right , picture three the first two steps start next to the brown drain pipe and extend to end level with where the wall starts on the other side that also then becomes 2.5m long .at the end of the patio which will be by now extended into the garden will have a pillar either side and the two steps down to the grass .cannot call it a lawn as it is just rough grass.