Vitrified porcelain on concrete slab question

I have an old outdoor patio with tiles laid on mortar beds on top of a 6 inch concrete pad. I want to replace the old concrete tiles with vitrified porcelain tiles I've purchased. Can I remove the old tiles and tidy the concrete dabs/pads down to the original concrete pad and lay the porcelain onto the concrete pad ? or do I need to removed the concrete pad and lay new substrate ? The pad is sound and solid it just has marks from the old dabs of mortar from the original tiles. This is the North UK.

56 minutes ago, 0898andy said:

I have an old outdoor patio with tiles laid on mortar beds on top of a 6 inch concrete pad. I want to replace the old concrete tiles with vitrified porcelain tiles I've purchased. Can I remove the old tiles and tidy the concrete dabs/pads down to the original concrete pad and lay the porcelain onto the concrete pad ? or do I need to removed the concrete pad and lay new substrate ? The pad is sound and solid it just has marks from the old dabs of mortar from the original tiles. This is the North UK.

You can bed the tiles with a flexible adhesive