Site insurance to normal house insurance advice

ollie

Hi all, hope you can help

We've just finished (bathroom and kitchen and timber cladding of the whole house still need doing) our build

It's a closed panel timber frame construction which I believe is classed as non standard in uk

Our site insurance will run out on 19th May , and we are hoping to be moving in Mid June ( internet installation holding us back due to covid)

Firstly can I covert from site insurance to house insurance if build control have not yet signed the house off as complete?

Secondly does anyone have any advice or companies to approach for Closed panel timber frame constructed home insurance?

thanks in advance

Oliver  

You can get your household insurance before sign off We had our household insurance four months before sign off

Not sure about non standard construction 

Though TF is pretty mainstream 

With regard to contents insurance I do not believe you will obtain any valid insurance without sign-off......you will probably be able to buy it simply by not raising the point.  Declare it and you'll be turned down.  I would love to be proved wrong.

• 4 weeks later...
On 19/04/2020 at 20:34, nod said:

You can get your household insurance before sign off We had our household insurance four months before sign off

Not sure about non standard construction 

Though TF is pretty mainstream 

Can I ask who you went with?

We used Adrien Flux Broker 

We had it in place two weeks before moving in 

Everything covered except luxury items Tv Jewellery 

When we moved in they didn’t care about sig off as long as the interior was at least 75% finished