Infill/rounding off

I’m trying to find some information about rounding off as I feel the fate of my appeal rests on it. My site does not technically constitute an in filling between two buildings however we feel it would constitute a certain rounding off.

The site is bordered by two roads and one neighbouring house and since the roads are barriers this should be considered rounding off. We were rejected in our application for not being an infill but I am certain that decision is wrong.

I can find many LPAs mentioning rounding off alongside infilling however I can’t find one mentioned by my local authority or any where in the NPPF as their descriptions of infill seem a bit more vague. 

Is anyone here able to reference anything said by  an inspector about rounding off being more or less the same? Or any such information about it would be greatly appreciated. 

We have ticked two of the sustainability boxes and the last is the environmental side and for that we must prove the infill/rounding off.

Then we can go based on the fact of presumption in favour of sustainable development as the LPA has demonstrated only a 2.68 year supply of land for housing.