Changing original Ecocent parameters

Lard

Hi All,

This is a copy of my first posting that I inadvertently placed into the wrong forum.

We had an Ecocent fitted some 7 odd years ago and, quite honestly, I cannot remember ever having any issues with it. There’s only two of us in a 2 bed converted bungalow and up to now it’s been providing hot water for the downstairs shower room (Ecocent is 200L).

We have only one ‘inconvenience’ in that whilst I tend to take forever to shower, my partner is in and out so quickly that it doesn’t ‘trip’ the Ecocent into action and so we regularly have to manually override/turn it on to clear the condensation (btw the shower room is completely internal ie no external walls or windows).....it does this very, very well.

At the moment this overriding is purely an inconvenience because the Ecocent is positioned in its own ‘room’ just outside the bathroom. However, I’m just about to complete the attic en-suite which is going to mean that when we move upstairs any showering will result in us having to come all the way downstairs simply to undertake the manual override.

Long story short, I believe that one of the originally set Ecocent parameters is that it will only ‘boot’ when it senses a water temperature drop of 5 degrees......I also believe that this can be changed, to suit our needs, to something like 3 degrees which should alleviate the problem. Does anyone know, in regard to the menu, where/how this can be found and changed.

Any help would be most welcomed,

Thank you

DQ

• 8 months later...