Roof getting re-laid in slate

strideredc

Our roof is supposed to be getting relaid as its not in great condition with tiles missing holes where it joins the brick. terrible lead flashing ect..

We have two experienced local guys that are going to do it but then the 'tile' question came up! no its not listed thank god!

I have heard horror stories about imported slate (my sister owns a 5 year old bovis? home and all the oxides have run out. not just her but many 100's of residents are complaining about this)

Wife said we will get welsh but thats way to expensive me thinks! i don't think she would know the difference between welsh and cement tile!

There is also a large flat roof that our guys will get someone in to cover with rubber or glass resin? (so it can be guaranteed)

I want to insulate under the flat and front roof with celotex but that's a question for another day!

DJI_0059.JPG

DJI_0061.JPG

DJI_0056.JPG

DJI_0051.JPG

DJI_0048.JPG

59 minutes ago, strideredc said:

Our roof is supposed to be getting relaid as its not in great condition with tiles missing holes where it joins the brick. terrible lead flashing ect..

We have two experienced local guys that are going to do it but then the 'tile' question came up! no its not listed thank god!

I have heard horror stories about imported slate (my sister owns a 5 year old bovis? home and all the oxides have run out. not just her but many 100's of residents are complaining about this)

Wife said we will get welsh but thats way to expensive me thinks! i don't think she would know the difference between welsh and cement tile!

There is also a large flat roof that our guys will get someone in to cover with rubber or glass resin? (so it can be guaranteed)

I want to insulate under the flat and front roof with celotex but that's a question for another day!

DJI_0059.JPG

DJI_0061.JPG

DJI_0056.JPG

DJI_0051.JPG

DJI_0048.JPG

image.jpg