DIYer intro

courtjoister

Hi all, I'm new here. I've recently moved into a house with I-joists (200mm height) and currently undertaking a wetroom. Help might be required!
I've got a tricky layout also for some pipe work and walls which is proving difficult to plan ensuring the joists are strong and rigid enough. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Some questions which I wonder

- are zclips and noggins alone strong enough to support tray formers and non load bearing stud partitions?

I joists are plenty strong enough to support a tray As long as you don’t cut or birch the top or bottom rails 

if you need to go through them it worth fixing 18 mi ply on the face of the osb that you have cut  

• Like 1

Thanks Nod. Given the layout, the ends of tray might not sit on the I-joists, hence might need to noggin. I can't use another i-joist and hangers either given pipes and retrofitting this.

Any thoughts there?

Thanks again

8 minutes ago, nod said:

I joists are plenty strong enough to support a tray As long as you don’t cut or birch the top or bottom rails 

if you need to go through them it worth fixing 18 mi ply on the face of the osb that you have cut  

49 minutes ago, courtjoister said:

Thanks Nod. Given the layout, the ends of tray might not sit on the I-joists, hence might need to noggin. I can't use another i-joist and hangers either given pipes and retrofitting this.

Any thoughts there?

Thanks again

Yes Nogs will be fine

• Thanks 1