Cleaning or Disposal services??

Hi Guys,

The renovation of my house has been going on for a week. We are living in one of the rooms downstairs. The downstairs renovation is almost complete, and we were planning to shift all the things from the room. The contractor did tell us that we won't be bothered by the upstairs renovation activities. They have arranged a passage from the outside of the house to go back and forth. Only the ground floor is a mess right now. The contractor had assured us to clean the premises and the house. However, they have cleared only the concrete waste, and wood waste, the rest of the stuff is lying around. I was wondering if I should get help from cleaning services in Toronto, or do the cleaning ourselves. We could hire  [commercial link removed] disposal bin services for disposing of all the junk. That way we needn't worry about dumping the waste in a landfill. But which could cost us more? What have you guys done to clean the mess after renovation? Should I hire cleaning services or clean it myself? To be frank it could be cleaned without much help. But would like to know your suggestion on which would be more expensive. Please do leave us your thoughts on this one. Thank you.

I think you need advice from a more local forum on this one.

Over in the UK it would depend on what it is, and how it is sorted.

The easy way would be a general purpose skip, and load it in apart from anything banned. Cost for a 6 cubic m skip would be around USD $250-300, of which about 40% is green taxes.

F

Edited by Ferdinand