Soil / Sewer pipe

wozza

Hi All,

I have looked through approved document H for drainage and waste disposal and googled until on the brink of self harm and I cannot find a simple answer to a couple of questions.

I have a soil pipe (vented) that is in the corner of my house with a toilet and sinks etc connected to it, it leaves the house and runs under the new extension area to a inspection chamber at the bottom of the garden.

Question 1 - I need to connect a new toilet in the extension - due to the position I cannot branch off to the soil pipe above floor level. 

Can I connect underground into the existing sewer pipe under the new extension floor with a Y connector about 1.5 meters from where it goes vertical? (concrete not laid yet so easy to do) or would it need an inspection chamber and therefore need to be connected outside in the garden as SWIMBO would not accept an inspection chamber inside?

Question 2 - I have another ground floor toilet at the front of the house that is not vented - is this normal and if so why does it not need to be vented?

BCO is coming out on Monday to advise, just trying to get educated before he arrives.

Thanks, Wozza.

Branch is fine - what they  normally suggest as best practice is to put it on a spur and put a tee with a screwed access cap on the top. Arm of the tee then goes to the WC but that is belt and braces. 

And only one  vent required - its for pressure relief on the system and you could just put anti syphon bottle valves on the hand basin in there to stop any sink gurgles. 

• Thanks 1