Is this all I need?

Recommended Posts

Looking to get chimney breast removed, 2 storeys and removal of wall between WC and bathroom. All new territory for me however after doing my research I have established that I need a structural engineer to do sketches and steel calcs, then we need to inform council. Is this correct? Some people have suggested an architect but I’m not sure this is necessary. 

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Well worth getting a structural engineer and informing the Counsul 

Many people don’t bother 

 purchase a house a couple years back The chimney breast had been removed Ground and first floor

and timbers placed on top of the cieling joists Holding the remainder 


Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now