Mobility ramp mandatory for outbuilding?

epsilonGreedy

The wheel chair access requirements (in England and Wales - Scotland and NI may well be different) only requires access from the vehicle set down point, into the entrance level of the dwelling such that the (mandatory) entrance level WC can be accessed.  There's normally no requirement for any special access requirements for a garage that isn't used as the normal set down point.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, JSHarris said:

... There's normally no requirement for any special access requirements for a garage that isn't used as the normal set down point.

Thank you, this is one worry off my list.

I am currently trying to calculate finished external levels for both the principal mobility access (to be the rear main house door), garage storeroom pedestrian access and also the entrance vehicle ramp into the garage. Tis all made more complex because a flash flood risk means my dpc should be 150mm higher than normal. My latest thinking is I will need another 30 tons of 2" clean hardcore to raise the patio 200mm otherwise the m-spec ramp will become a minor civil engineering project. I have a 6m straight approach to the main entrance across the patio.