Roof tile vents for MVHR

Having made the decision to go through the roof with my MVHR air intake and exhaust, I placed the order for my MVHR ducting and unit with BPC, which was delivered on a 8' high pallet a couple of days ago.  

However, the roof tile vents supplied 

http://www.harcon.co.uk/slatetileridge/cowlvents.aspx

are not IMHO, that inspiring, either in terms of appearance, or materials used to make them - it is made entirely of plastic.

I had the vent on site this morning so i could see it against the roof tiles.  I can certainly live with it, but given the challenging weather we get up here, I'm not entirely convinced a plastic tile is the best idea.  

P6070001.JPG

P6070002.JPG

I can get a Redland tile vent formed in a concrete tile to match the mini stonewald roof tiles i am using, but that only has a 100mm spigot, as opposed to the 150mm on the Harcon.  Whilst both sizes would be able to cope with normal ventilation rates, I suspect the 100mm would struggle to get enough air in when the MVHR was on boost.

On our last house we used these:

http://www.justlead.co.uk/product/lead-roof-vents/

which worked really well, and looked really good against the slate roof we had.  My concern is that it wouldn't look nearly as good with tiles.

Has anyone experience of or fitted the Harcon roof vents and in a position to offer feedback?

Guest Alphonsox

We've used them on our build, I can't tell you how well they will last as they've only been on since last November. I don't have an issue with the aesthetics - The do merge pretty well into the background on our roof.

Guest Alphonsox

Will do when I get back home.

Just visible in this pick.... I'll try and find a better version

Edited by Alphonsox
Image deleted due to copyright issues