tilers

Tearing hair out ! what is it with tilers had two rubbish jobs done, now we come to our en-suite. 2nd tiler cried off due to snow ? we did not have much he must have been coming from outer Mongolia.

The first one was not interested gave the second one our name and number did not have courtesy to tell use first. Hence when he phoned no clue as to who he was. 3rd tiler appeared and a week later no clue as to cost etc has not got back to us mind you he missed a full wet room of faulty tiles that we saw immediately from another wally. 4th tiler was recommended by trusted administrator on tiler forum work looks superb but has not deigned to answer our message .

I am beginning to think that along with everyone when you become an oap its a case of ignore them and they will just go away.would do the tiling myself as we have done most other things but would need help and advise for the wet room tiling bit.Or can anyone help with a tiler.

Will try and post pics later

I think we have some members in Somerset area so maybe not too far to suggest someone to you. All my connections that way are just a tad too far, dont think tilers travel unless it is a big job.

Have you tried going to your local tile shops and asking there, most independant tile shops know a few they could suggest to you.

Do you have a local community facebook page where you could ask for recommendations?  Our local one is great.

Good luck!

I can pass you the number of a really good tiler who's based somewhere around  Shaftesbury, by PM, if you'd like to give him a ring.  He may be OK travelling down as far as Wincanton, I'm not sure.  He's the chap that laid all our travertine flooring and also did all our internal decorating, and did a very good job.

9 hours ago, tillywiz said:

thanks mr harris if you could p m me that would be great  as it is the wet room that is holding everything up now .not sure how this p m will work but i expect they are all relatively the same :D

I sent a PM yesterday with his phone number, should be in your message box - top right of the screen, icon looks like an envelope.