Retaining wall - Mortar free bricks

Has anyone had any experience with these mortar free bricks for a retaining wall?

As mentioned in my raised patio post, we have this seasonal pond that fills up in the rainy season but as the seasons are going all crazy, we have had far too much rain for this size of pond and as such it over flows. As you can see from the picture, its close to the corner of the house and last year, the water was lapping against the bricks.. So what I want to do is build a retaining wall that is higher than the pond to keep it away from the house and was thinking of using these mortar free bricks to create the wall. As the wall will be higher than the ground level behind it, I am looking to level that space with the new raised patio but rather than having a solid fill (in case water levels get even higher), I will put in a large drain and then fill with decorative stone so that will then drain off to the garden rather than over the patio..

I have a request out to the council's flood team for advice too as the flooding in the garden seems to mainly be run off coming from ditches outside our property which they aren't maintaining..

20240913_103912[1].jpg