Removing wood burner & roof repair

I am looking for advice on how to patch up my roof after i remove a wood burning stove.   

I live in a recently built (2021) bungalow, but we want to move the location of the wood burner from one side of the house to the other, we have professionals coming in to fit the stove in the new position but we are responsible for taking the stove down from it's current position and therefore patch the roof and re-do the ceiling inside.

My Dad who is a retired builder is going to do the extraction for me but i just want to make sure it's done right, his plan is to fill cover the hold with a bit of 9mm plywood, lay shed felt on top of that and nail this down and then use roof and gutter sealant where necessary. He's already cut some new wood battons so we can lay the marley roof tiles on the new battons and integrate into the existing tiles.

I was expecting my dad to use the same materials as the roof is currently constructed of namely OSB board, tyvek and then some tyvek joint tape to seal the patch.

What's everyones thoughts on this?