Private building control provider AIS go into administration

Hi All,

Just wondered if anyone else caught up in the liquidation of AIS. I went through self buid-zone to get private building control and warranty and ended up with Approved Consultancy service who covered both parts using the same inspectors, so simple right!  Wrong, it seems that they were using AIS to carry out the Building Control side, who have now gone into administration so I'm now having to go back to the local authority to manage the building control. 

I've no issue at all with local authority BC, i've had nothing but good experiences with them in the past, but LABC warranty was really expensive compared to approved consultancy services.

Would be good to hear from anyone else with similar experiences.

Hi,

Just found out last night that AIS went into liquidation. They were my approved inspector for a 5 bed detached house that is fully under construction. I am trying to contact the LABC to see if they will cover and issue the final cert once completed. Not sure if there is any recourse with AIS or the liquidators. Maybe stay in touch and compare notes going forward.