Householder Application for Planning Permission for works or extension to a dwelling - Neighbour consultation

I need to submit a Householder Application for Planning Permission for works or extension to a dwelling for a rear extension. I am trying to understand what is the shortest time frame in which my application could get passed. It is supposed to be a straightforward application with a rear extension not impacting neighbour light, privacy or access. I thought that Neighbour consultation is only applicable for Prior approval for large extension. However when I was looking at any approved rear extension planning permission application in the past (on the council website) all of them has a date for the Neighbour consultation with a minimum 21 days for the expiry of the consultation!!!!! This would mean a definite waiting game and plus 21 days from the time the application goes to the consultation status. I was curious if a neighbour consultation is mandatory for any extension, even if it a single storey with no impact to the neighbours? Or is that at the discretion of the planning officer? Any thoughts on this would be highly appreciated.

41 minutes ago, DevilDamo said:

The Prior Approval wouldn’t work for you as your proposals would not constitute PD.

Yes I have come to terms that mine will require planning permission, hence stared to look at the householder planning permission applications and all of them (single storey rear extension similar to mine) has a neighbour consultation date in the important dates section. So my question is - I thought neighbour consultation is only applicable for prior approval… is that mandatory for planning permissions too or would become applicable on the case officers discretion?

For eg. If my case officer thinks the project wouldn’t impact neighbours would they opt out the neighbour consultation step or is that a mandatory step for any extension planning application? If it is mandatory then my planning permission application has a default +21 days from the date it goes for consultation isn’t it?

No. Neighbours and other consultees are consulted on Householder applications. A Householder application can take up to 8 weeks to be determined. Consultees are usually given 21 days to comment but this can be more and even up to the date of the formal determination. 

7 minutes ago, DevilDamo said:

No. Neighbours and other consultees are consulted on Householder applications. A Householder application can take up to 8 weeks to be determined. Consultees are usually given 21 days to comment but this can be more and even up to the date of the formal determination. 

Ok thanks for the clarification