Service Hockey Stick vs Bathroom

mike2016

I'm stuck with a hockey stick for broadband in the wrong location in the building. This corner of the house hosts the master bathroom! The Mains Electrical connection is over on the other side of the house. 

Once the broadband company get hold of this they just want to poke through to the other side of the house wall, terminal the fibre and install a router which needs power. With tiling, waterproofing and no electrics near the bath in this corner, that's not going to be a runner. 

I can either try to run this upstairs to the bedroom above or snake it to the utility room further down the house on the same side, either in the 50mm wall cavity or service cavity the other side of the wall. I've pozi joists so may be able to lay some 1" or 2" pipe to allow a path to the utility that way but maintaining air tightness will be tricky. 

I could use the service box to house power and space to install the router there, make it a bigger one like for the mains electrical feed, then I'd run 4 x 10Gb CAT6e to this location and can hook that into the service providers box. The only issue is reliability, temperature, damp and protecting the electrics - I work in IT so I need a reliable connection. Puts the router on the outside of the house though! 

Any suggestions?! 

conduit.jpg

Edited by mike2016
other option