External fire doors with low u value

Building Control are insisting we have a fire door on our utility room to the outside. It's a bit odd, but they are being reasonable following an architect mess up.

We can find plenty of external fire doors, but struggling to find any with a u value below 1.2. Thermal efficiency is a key aim for our work so this is important to us.

We have a number of queries out, but any recommendations would be warmly welcome.

Thanks

• 1 month later...

Hi makingprogress, did you have any luck with getting a low U value door?  I am looking for the same for an linked garage and I can only find a steel 1.3 W(m2)k so far

11 hours ago, MrWhat said:

Hi makingprogress, did you have any luck with getting a low U value door?  I am looking for the same for an linked garage and I can only find a steel 1.3 W(m2)k so far

Look at the "Moralt Ferro" range they are low u-value, airtight and fire doors.   Lots to choose from with u-values all the way down to 0.54.  We went for the non-passive one with u-value of around 1 though as looking at big picture it wasn't worth paying a lot for a super-low u-value.