Heat loss over time (Vented Cylinder)

I'm going to have to get my head round that - thanks for posting

I heat water to much less than the tank stat is set too so my std practiced is to set the HW to 1 min after the CH cycle has ended and of course the tank stat is not satisfied so it returns the valve to the rest position of HW

I was thinking about changing the valve round (and wiring) so CH is rest and HW is powered then it would always be at rest when running CH but then when you are only heating water the valve would be constantly powered on because CH is never called for.

51 minutes ago, marshian said:

I heat water to much less than the tank stat is set too so my std practiced is to set the HW to 1 min after the CH cycle has ended and of course the tank stat is not satisfied so it returns the valve to the rest position of HW

Assuming the MPV is normally wired then I can't see how the it will change to the HW position unless the cylinder stat is also calling for heat as well as programming it on as the cylinder stat satisfied contact will still be providing 230V to the grey wire and will keep the valve powered in the CH position?.

51 minutes ago, marshian said:

I was thinking about changing the valve round (and wiring) so CH is rest and HW is powered then it would always be at rest when running CH but then when you are only heating water the valve would be constantly powered on because CH is never called for.

I will have a look at that, (these MPVs are really a very ingenious device).

Edited by John Carroll

9 minutes ago, John Carroll said:

Assuming the MPV is normally wired then I can't see how the it will change to the HW position unless the cylinder stat is also calling for heat as well as programming it on as the cylinder stat satisfied contact will still be providing 230V to the grey wire and will keep the valve powered in the CH position?.

I have the tank stat set to 60 Deg - I only heat HW for ~20 mins and it gets to ~48 to 52 in that time - as a result the Tank Stat is never satisfied (unless it's Mrs M's Bath night in which case I heat it to 60 (legionaires cycle same day) and then it's satisfied :D

After she's run a bath it's not so when the CH ends it calls for HW for 1 min and the valve returns to rest

• Like 1