UPVC Coupling Strip

LA3222

Now then, I have a French door with two side panels for the garden room.....today I have lost the will to live; no matter which way I try, I can't for the life of me seem to get the coupler strip to fit properly. I can get one side on fine but can I buggery get the side panel to click into it - its so snug it won't budge. I've tried fitting it to the door first, then the side panel first, levering it in, sliding it in, wd40, plumbing lube...I'm done.

Does anyone have an idea of how to get this bloody thing to join properly? 

Edited by LA3222

Nay drama @Eric I sorted it.

As a follow up in case anyone else has this drama the solution was to literally beat the proverbial out of it with a rubber mallet and block of wood.

The frame is slightly over 70mm with the foil coating and the coupler was just under 69mm due to the foil wrap on one side. It would push onto one frame but doing so would pinch the opposing sides closed ever so slightly - so want started tight, became tighter.

Solution was to knock the bottom corner in, screw it in and then work up, screwing in as you go. It took a while and a lot of brute force - point to note is that the glass wasn't installed at this point.

Wasn't my favourite task but then self building is full of rubbish jobs!