A2A Heat Pump Usage

Caddy

Could anyone with experience in A2A heatpumps give me some advice if possible. Are you supposed to leave it running 24/7 like an A2W heat pump system with lower set-back temps for during the night and other times or are you ok to schedule it on/off as required, as the room heat up times are quicker that A2W? Thanks

It depends how often you use the space I'd say. Efficiency when pushing the unit hard will drop but if the space is unused for a long time this will eventually offset and save more. I leave mine on 21/7 (cosy tariff) as I prefer the things in the house you're in contact with - seats etc to be at the right temperature, not just the air after a quick warm up blast. 

A2A Personally I run the indoor units when I'm in that part of the house:

- Core of the house - on all day at the weekend, but only in the mornings during the week,
- Living room/home office all day when working from home - but on demand at the weekend,
- Bedrooms to top up in the evening until I sleep.

I'm coming from a background/habit of never heating the house overnight though, + insulated but moderately leaky house & combined with A2A units can heat up a room in 20-30 minutes personally don't see the need to keep them on 24/7.

It's a sort of 'depends' answer.

(Zones is a very loose concept in a house though - they all affect each other especially when you're heating by moving air)

Edited by RichardL