Invite to tender main contractor along side timber frame manufacturer

Barny

Hi. We have appointed our timber frame manufacturer (and installer) and are finalising our building reg drawings. I am going to use a main contractor to do the groundwork’s, services, cladding and internal fit. Does anyone have an example or can point me in the direction of an invite to tender document? I was just going to send the drawings but my architect has said we need to include more detail inc what sort of contract we want to use etc. 

Whilst having no building experience, I had not planned to get my architect to  do full contract administration, not least because they are not local. I appointed them as they are passivhaus designers and they were near to my old house - not the new one! My budge does not stretch to another layer of admin.

Any help gratefully received.

You would be better off going with your first thought Send the drawings out Find.a contractor or contractors that seem ok with references to back this up They will have a standard contract that they use Payment schedule etc Then start going through the fine detail from the foundations to the roof Then modify the contract to suit you both 

Any decent contractor will sit down and do this with you 

• Like 1