3 minutes ago, Coanda said:

Would it be feasible to supply or exhaust through these on a slate roof.

ub41.jpeg

Can’t see anything wrong with venting to roof, supply would need careful location to avoid pulling in any chimney emissions or smellies from top of soil pipes etc.

• 3 weeks later...
On 27/10/2023 at 12:07, Coanda said:

Would it be feasible to supply or exhaust through these on a slate roof.

ub41.jpeg

I have these fitted on my concrete tile roof, there is another model to use for slate depending on slate size. Do a search for Manthorpe Slate Vent 300 x 600mm / 500 x 250mm.

On 27/10/2023 at 12:12, markc said:

Can’t see anything wrong with venting to roof, supply would need careful location to avoid pulling in any chimney emissions or smellies from top of soil pipes etc.

I'm getting smoke coming in via my supply roof vent from 2 houses away. So, be very careful.

• Like 1

Since I posted this, I contacted the company which fitted them. A very helpful lady texted me back in minutes to say that the vents fitted to my roof are C5.

A quick search online tells me that C5 vents are good for 2000mm2 of air.

My schoolboy mathematics tells me this is more than ample for the 125mm round intake/exhaust pipes I will be using. (correct me if I'm wrong.)

I have located two vents in close proximity to where I will place the exchanger. 

Unfortunately they are both intersected by a rafter. This makes things a little more awkward, but I have fashioned vents which will straddle the rafter and seal against the felt.

I will monitor the installation and should any problems arise,  I can change them to the soffit which will be a bit more work, but hay, ho if it's needed.