big_si

Hi everyone, I'll stick some photos on later but wanted to introduce myself. I've got a 1960's built detached house and have lived here 7 years now. When I bought it the surveyor said the cladding was nearly end of life and the verge fillets had cracks in. I've now installed a dry verge using ubbink batten extension brackets and a dry verge system. The cladding has been removed and I've installed ybs breather quilt over 25x50mm battens which will be counter battened before installing hardie plank cladding boards. Finally I've got an eaves protection system to install when I put the guttering up to make up for the increased protrusion from the wall and need to get window sill extenders (probably pvc fascia board cut to size).

2 hours ago, big_si said:

Hi everyone, I'll stick some photos on later but wanted to introduce myself. ....

Welcome. 

Photos, thats what we like. Specially if there's a knotty little problem like:

....I've got an eaves protection system to install when I put the guttering up to make up for the increased protrusion from the wall ....

Looking forward to that - because I messed up (well ...  bodged it), so I'm keen to see how you    mess u.... errrrr,  do it.😑

Ian

• Like 1