Random (unwanted) boost activation - Vent Axia Sentinel

Hi All,

I thought a posted a thread but cant find it, but it might have been a post which I can't find.

Since our unit arrived, it seems it has a random 'boost activation' so far only observed at night. On screen it displays a ' c3 ' in the bottom right corner of the digital external display - but the main unit just shows a 'boost activation'. There is no way to turn it off, pressing the boost button does nothing.

Vent Axia have said the ' c3 ' is a timed activation, though despite multiple checks (incl a video going through them all) that all times are set to 00:00 00:00 per 3 time section as per default. Night boost is OFF, timed boosts are OFF etc.

It doesn't occur every night, but does seem to occur on a tues/wed evening and again on a Sunday early morning - generally between 1am and about 3am.

Vent Axia have had me reset it, check it, reset again, triple check everything etc and it has made no difference. They are now sending me a new PCB board to swap out.

I wanted to just flag this to any other Vent Axia owners, as their tech help claim they've never seen this occurring before.... but I can only thing this is some sort of software glitch or bug that is triggering it 'behind the scenes'.

Anyone ever heard of or come across similar?

Cheers,

Thanks dpmiller, that's a really good idea and one we should have tried!! On that train if thought, also setting all the time periods during the day to force the boost to trigger during the day and monitor that... See if it kicks the random night boost into behaving itself. 

That being said, I spent an hour replacing the pcb they sent over this morning, hoping that it resolves it! 

Not changed any settings other then low flow during day and V high boost. Also not connected any of the external switches. 

See how it goes over the next week then will start resetting it up or see if anything kicks the boost in when it should have.