Contents and site insurance statics and containers etc

Spanners

Hi All, just starting out on our long awaited self build, have just moved on site into statics and have storage containers for workshop and materials etc. We need contents and site/building insurance. I'm finding nobody will quote for contents and statics and containers separately only as part of an overall site buildings policy. Protek and self build zone coming in around 2.5k per year (£1000000) buildings figure required by Mortgage company.

Does this sound realistic? Building cover on it's own was about £1300 per year for the previous two years with Self Build Insurance Ltd.

Any other recommendations?

Thank you!

Will.

Screenshot 2023-07-24 at 12.16.42 (2).png

Hi and Welcome.

Interesting roof. Have you got a plan on how it's going to be constructed?

While I'm not involved in the construction industry, I got involved in developing the "patterns" to metal clad a similar roof on two properties, being built on Sandbanks, off Poole. From the steel structure supporting it, to the ply deck and the metal cladding there were 100's and 100's of man hours to make it work. Looked amazing when done, but must have taken up about 50% of a very high construction budget.

Hopefully you have a good main contractor. 

Edited to add:

Is that a peg tile? or something that looks similar. You've got some areas on the roof where the pitch is barely 5°. What tile are you using that can work on that pitch?

Edited by IanR