Installer Access Solar Edge Monitoring

Johnnyt

Just has my second SE battery fitted yesterday.😁

Has anyone been granted installer access by SE for control.

I’ve been told a work around by passing the online SE academy course and register as an installer, all of which is online and foc, but had hoped it could be simpler.

I am not a IT wiz kid so the HomeKit and others I wish to avoid.

I registered as an installer to set up monitoring. Yet to configure everything but have installer access. Son in law did the same to set up monitoring for the system we installed for them.

If youve added a second battery to an existing system then you might hit problems if the original system is already being monitored. The original system will likely be set up under the original jnstallers account. You'll likely have to get SE to move the inverter to your account but maybe 2 accounts can access the same inverter??

It was my installer who tried to negotiate my access with an installer account. SE refused because the say I can access TOU with their beta version, that I have been offered. SE control the TOU set up using an algorithm and AI, so won’t charge your battery full but try to keep import to a minimum. It even looks at the weather forecast for 5days to tweak its settings. My installer can migrate my account to my own installer account when set up, but SE say I’d have to run through their online academy and pass the relevant competency modules. My installer says I’d manage that we ease.

I suppose getting a more in-depth knowledge of my install is no bad thing.