Land Drainage - direction of pipe compared to fall of ground ?

Hi, I am trying to work out the best direction to run in some perforated land drains and i'm getting myself all confused.

On the attached picture, the red lines is a drainage ditches which runs all the way around the plot apart from the front. Everything runs to the far corner away from the house, goes under the railway line and into a brook. The white lines show the direction of fall which we have just finished working using a laser level and bulldozer... At the moment we are pretty much just down to clay and sub soil and are getting ready to push back all the top soil, all 1500 tonnes of the stuff 🙄.

The main fall from corner to corner is 2.5 mtrs, the one going away from the house to the rear is only around 1.5m and the one going to the right is around 1.8m.

What i could do with knowing is the best direction to run the drains, i personally think they should run across the fall to capture the water but the guys helping me think they should be at 45 degrees to the ditch which would mean they run with the main fall to the corner of the garden?

Can anyone provide some pointers. Thanks

Ground-fall-direction.jpg