Just for fun: getting close to the end of my renovation (pics)

Garald

Here's part of the attic. As you can see, there are still a couple of radiators and lights to be attached. I think this is a picture from before the new floor got varnished (something that has just happened or is about to happen).

image.thumb.png.9aa65e4cabcc0805304be6e876655b3c.png

A roll-down William-Morris curtain for the stairwell window. It's thin, but I hope that, if we place it correctly, it should still help a little with heat insulation (the windows on this side are old double-glazing - "old" meaning "10-12 years old").

image.thumb.png.690fb575e9ac5f2eec74b3f31d7cd8a3.png

Of course there's still cleaning to be done (and we have to decide whether we keep the old sofa). I'll get bookshelves in a bit - some built-in, some IKEA.

image.thumb.png.a7fef9dac024542e94b51b1de6d6a40e.png

This lamp is a bit low. I wonder whether it will be easy to raise.

image.thumb.png.c470d9cbf9bf5ccdd5e82e2812fe53b5.png

My girlfriend really hates my shower. The stuff you see in there is just the kitchenette furniture, which must have been taken out by now and will be installed next week. The shower will have a glass panel (going all the way up, so it's stable). image.thumb.png.0de1901234f7e701df23ba741d6f23fe.png

• 3 months later...
On 09/10/2023 at 09:28, embra said:

Off topic, but interested to know where these doors came from? Searching for something similar at the moment!

Oh, these doors have been there since goodness knows when - the contractor said it would be hard to find them in those dimensions nowadays. I just had them stripped of paint (since lead paint was detectable on them) and repainted.