Weird LED bulb failure

Adsibob

I have a wall light that was fitted 18 months ago. It worked fine but I found the 3W G9 LED bulb that I was using with it too bright (it's just a night light in a bathroom).

When i replaced the bulb I managed to break an internal glass diffuser that covers the bulb holder, when trying to fit a 2.5W ikea G9 LED bulb (which was too long, causing the broken glass). It took a few months to get the replacement diffuser. I sourced a new bulb, this time a megaman 2W G9 LED bulb (which apparently is a "new" design from them, making it shorter. Fitted the bulb and diffuser and closed up the light fitting. Tested it all worked fine. Later that day the light failed. I don't have another G9 light fitting to test whether the issue is with the bulb or not, but given it was working fine earlier in the day, I'm assuming the bulb failed for some reason. Is that a safe assumption, or could there be something wrong with the light fitting? The specs of the light fitting say "RECOMMENDED LAMP: 3W Max LED G9".

Edited by Adsibob