Adding Solar to my batteries

Alshamal

I had Lux 3.6 ACS Inverter with 9.6 Greenlinx batteries fitted 4 months ago and I’m pleased with them financially and just left to charge on cheap tariff Octopus GO I also have an EO charger for my EV.

I’m now looking to add solar and not really technicaly  minded so any suggestions and help would be greatly appreciated in this minefield!

Had a  quote starting at 12k reduced to 9k on first refusal so told them to go away.

I’ve just had a quote from OTOVO for 9x415 Trina panels and Growat mini hybrid inverter etc fully fitted with 7 years warranty fro £5,530.00 But when I asked for them to take a deposit with credit card! They said only pay balance when completed with bank transfer!

Had a local firm 7x425 Trina panels 1 Solax -3t fully fitted £5,614.00 but would take any payment method for deposit.

what’s your experience and thoughts 

would greatly appreciate your help 

The inverter you already have seems to be a hybrid so can have solar panels connected as well as the batteries you already have. Did you tell those quoting that you already have a suitable inverter? Not sure why they seem to be including for an inverter when you seem to have a useable one already???

If you pay by credit card the supplier has to pay a fee to the card provider which I think is 1.5-3%. That's quite a chunk of cash so I can understand why they dont want you to pay with a credit card

When  panels and inverter are added how are they connected to my existing system to charge the batteries /grid etc does it have to communicate with the existing inverter to charge batteries ? And how do you use it to charge the ev?

all questions i know 🙏