Inner Room for home cinema - Building Regs?

oadbyone

It’s so easy to fix it, just cut the games room lengthwise, then you have two useable rooms, both with windows. 

I’m not sure why you aren’t doing that, it looks obvious to me. Unless you have some plans for your 2m corridor room.

Edited by CharlieKLP

18 hours ago, CharlieKLP said:

It’s so easy to fix it, just cut the games room lengthwise, then you have two useable rooms, both with windows. 

I’m not sure why you aren’t doing that, it looks obvious to me. Unless you have some plans for your 2m corridor room.

Cheers, I did think about that when first planning it but before I knew about the issues with inner rooms I thought it would be better without any windows!! Plus the way I have it makes it really simple to build, if I split the room and use the far end for the cinema room it would involve moving some downlights and a radiator, I was a the top end of my budget but I might be able to stretch it. You have got me thinking now and i'll have a look at it again as it would be a better option and better space. Out of interest is it OK to build a stud wall over one of the windows at the far end of the room? Not sure if there would be any issues with this.

Hi, I have changed the plan as suggested by CharlieKLP which is a much better, slightly larger space. I guess this would be acceptable to do without BC input as there is a large window with two openings for escape and ventilation. The only thing i'm not sure about is that there is a window on the right wall which I would need to stud/dry wall over, are there any potential issues with this other than if it would need maintenance? Cheers.

Update plan.pdf

1 hour ago, oadbyone said:

Hi, I have changed the plan as suggested by CharlieKLP which is a much better, slightly larger space. I guess this would be acceptable to do without BC input as there is a large window with two openings for escape and ventilation. The only thing i'm not sure about is that there is a window on the right wall which I would need to stud/dry wall over, are there any potential issues with this other than if it would need maintenance? Cheers.

Update plan.pdf 363.18 kB · 2 downloads

Added a jpeg as I think you have to download PDFs

Update plan.jpg