Coal Authority reports and geological fault

Deejay_2

I should be grateful for advice on the following please.  We submitted our pre-planning application last December and the response indicated a list of requirements for validation, one of which is a Coal Mining Risk Assessment.  I emailed the Coal Authority and they sent a form to complete which also required a block plan and location plan.  They came back within the same day saying the site does not fall within the Development High Risk Area and therefore does not need a Risk Assessment Report and then went on the say I might like to consider their Consultant's Coal Mining Report (from groundstability.com).  I'm not sure whether this is necessary or just them being obliged to sell me something.  

I managed to locate the information provided to us in 2014 (previous new build) from the Coal Mining Advisory Service via the Local Authority Building Control which consisted  of a plan showing a Conjectured Position of Geological Fault ie a line running across the village and including the bottom corner of our garden, together with a fault list with tick boxes with  one box ticked which reads "The conjectured surface position of geological faulting crosses the area as shown on the plan".   I'm not sure whether to go back to the Coal Authority at this point with this information but am concerned they will use this to "encourage" me to get a further report.  Would it be best to leave it and just include with our application the recent email stating we do not require a Coal Mining Risk Assessment and see whether Planning come back requesting a different report.  We don't want to spend unnecessary money on futile reports but on the other hand we don't want to put our development at risk in any way.    Any advice/opinions would be much appreciated.

• 1 month later...

Get a Con29M residential coal report from coal authority    https://www2.groundstability.com/con29m/    

they don't cost that much and have indemnity insurance cover. You need up to date report for planning and you may find the geo problem is not mentioned now...previous reports from coal board for my area have subtly changed over the years and what was a possible concern years ago has probably stabilised.