Ecodan - wired or wireless thermostat selection

BEJB

A couple of years ago, we bought a house with a 14kw Ecodan ashp. Zone 1 is radiators. Zone 2 is a three loop ufh, for the kitchen/utility. The ufh is controlled by a wired Heatmiser 2.

I want to replace the HM2 with an Ecodan wireless controller. I have bought one, paired is and configured it as a sensor for zone 2. It shows on Melcloud. I have turned off the HM2.

But the wireless controller does not operate as a thermostat. If I wind it up, the ashp doesn't fire up to heat zone 2. I guess the FTC5 is somehow configured to choose the HM2 rather than the wireless controller as thermostat.

I wondered if anyone had any idea what else I need to do to get the wireless controller to work with zone 2? What am I missing?

Sorted it out.

I found that zone 2 would fire up if both the wired and wireless thermostats called for heat.

So I disconnected the wired Heatmiser UF2 and set the SW3-1 dip switch in the FTC5 back to the default (OFF - Zone2 operation stop at thermostat short) from ON - Zone2 operation stop at thermostat open. That seems to work as I wanted it now.

Many thanks