Barn conversion, vat, cil, pre commement app

Purchasing a barn

I'm I right in thinking it's 5 vat on refurbishment and services (electricity/water) and the services should changed at 5% not 20, the water board as in a quote but not electricity. 

Think I've got my head around my pre approvals. 

Next cil, I understand I need to fill in 7 exemption and also 6 commencement. 

I'm troubled over the assume liability, I presume I need to do that also. I would of thought the previous owner would discharge himself from the cil and then I take over. 

Can I send all these in together or do I have to wait for each one to be notified ?

Also can they only be in one name? It's in one name at the moment (seen land charge doc) 

Just wondering who name to put on everything when it's a joint ownership home. 

Thanks for reading my early morning ramble ?

56 minutes ago, Rustyhead said:

I'm I right in thinking it's 5 vat on refurbishment and services (electricity/water) and the services should changed at 5% not 20, the water board as in a quote but not electricity. 

Yes it should be 5% on labour and supply & fit arrangements. I’m not sure what you mean about ‘not electricity’. Services should be 5% too as long as it’s a new connection. 

For materials on a supply only basis you pay 20% VAT but assuming that the project is eligible you can reclaim the 5% and 20% paid on eligible materials once the barn is complete.