Extension, parking issue...

Hi everyone, first time posting so hope I'm in the correct section. Currently trying to extend house with double side extension, which will require knocking down the garage, pilling, then building.  However, initial plan has been rejected as 4 bed house in this area requires 3 off road parking spaces. We are going to challenge as we have 2 offroad and we are in a cul-de-sac thst has 3 spaces directly outside our house... Anyway, we still would like to do it, and the only option we could consider is to rebuild garage with bedroom above to fulfil parking requirements.  Does anyone know rough cost wise what the delta between the two options are.  Basically im looking to understand if it would still be worthwhile going ahead with.  Thanks in advance.

Oh dear. Sorry to hear about the parking issue. I would be surprised if the spaces on the public highway were to be considered unless one of them is your properties allocated parking space. 

As a yard stick I would have thought that the garage option would have cost less.

Other more experienced people, I'm sure will correct me if needed.

Good luck

Marvin

Thanks Marvin, yes I'm not sure it will buy literally 1 mile away homes with no off-street parking can extend, guess that's just weird planning rules.  Hopefully some one will pitch in with order or magnitude, i was expecting extension to be about 70k so wondered what it would be if it's just garage and upstairs.