YBS Superquilt

Tom97

Good afternoon all,

recently i decided my loft floor needed insulating as the old stuff in situ looked rather tired and damaged in certain areas. From a previous project i had a-lot of spare YBS Superquilt left over, I have never heard of Superquilt being used to insulate a loft floor before, i was just wondering if anyone on here has heard of it being used for this before now?

after completing this job i began to understand why people do not use it for this purpose as the fitting on it is an absolute night-mare. Because i wanted to use heavy duty staples to hold it in place to the joists and tape every joint to ensure i get optimal performance from it, cutting around joists and other obstacles was also extremely hard, but the most difficult part was taping it down at the eaves so that cold/hot air dosent simply get under the quilt and render it useless. 

however, as hard as it was to install i must say the results are amazing it has made such a difference to the heat of my home, much better than the 300mm standard insulation i had before , not sure if its worth the the pain it caused installing it but it has certainly delivered now the job is complete.

What are your thoughts on this insulation and the use ive put it to? 

Tom