Wall Hung Toilet With Extra Hole At Front Leaking

minskin

Hi

We had this wall hung loo fitted years ago but the project was halted for one reason or another and never completed. Finally got it plumbed in today but it pours water out a hole in the underside right at the front when it refills after a flush. The hole is part of the moulding so looks purposeful but for what purpose exactly and how do we stop it from leaking? 

Thanks

20210225_185333.jpg

20210225_191541.jpg

Edited by minskin
Typo

Looks like a faulty casting. Probably not where you see the hole but in the bit where the flush water enters the pan casting. The pan casting is usually hollow and water is probably getting into the void. I suspect that hole in the photo was a breather hole for whilst the pan was being fired.

I am not an expert in this stuff but had to learn once.  We had one that allowed sewer gas back into the room. Had a bit of agro getting it acknowledged and replaced. Both supplier and manufacturers struck a pose on it all. The consequential costs for us ran into many hundreds. At first convinced it was a plumbing error, all the soil pipe encasement was removed and had to be replaced and skimmed again. When the new pan came the foot was a totally different shape so the whole of the flooring had to be replaced. The bathroom was out of action for months but we did have three anyway.

You are in an unfortunate position. I guess your warranty evaporated years ago. New pan I think. 

• Thanks 1

Oh god! 

12 years that thing has been hanging on the wall. Because we've never plumbed it in we've never known it was faulty all along. ?

Is there any way the hole can be filled or bunged do you know? 

Thank you for your reply Timedout, it's much appreciated. 

FYI We've also noticed that the pan tilts forward. It's about 7/8" lower at the front than back. It's fitted flush to its frame and that frame is perfectly vertical but should it really be level? I'm wondering (desperately) whether that may help the LEAK ?

Thanks 

some of the pans do slope towards the front, i always assumed it was to ensure any splashes disnt rest in the joint line. i wouldn't bung the hole up as it could cause the whole pan to fill with water and stay there ... although it would be clean water so no real detriment.

• Thanks 1

Thanks Markc.

I have actually bunged the hole temporarily and will flush it several times just to see how much water accumulates in there. I suppose it's going to get heavier if it completely fills but that's about it. Be a bit of a mess if the bung fails mind but the water does slow to just a drip once that void is empty.

We really need to get the house on the market asap and have no spare cash for another loo so we're desperately looking for a solution.

Thanks again

Edited by minskin