Laminate dilema

fido69r

Hi....I've laid a few laminate floors in years gone by, but I have gone a bit rusty when it comes to door thresholds. I want to change the laminate flooring in this living room, however having inherited a really bad job from the previous occupant, I was wondering if I could pick brains on the best solution for dealing with these type of thresholds. The pic shows what the previous guy done, and I'd prefer to do a more professional job. How would you lay this, leaving the wooden door thing in situ, and of course taking the expansion gap into consideration? They are at every threshold in the house.There are two in this particular room. I was considering cutting some of the bottom of the wood out and sliding the laminate under it...or are there any T-bar options that wouldn't cause a trip hazzard. All suggestions would be gladly welcomed...Thanks

20201107_194549.jpg

its hard to see from the photo, is the laminate and tiles the same height ?

What I did in our utility as the engineered oak and tiles were pretty much same height I got a tube of silicone colour matched to the grout and ran a thin bead. It looks seamless and hasnt caused any issued the last 9 months.

Hi Dave...No that is Lino in the kitchen. It seems, the laminate has lifted, where he never left a gap...I had toyed with the idea of removing the wooden stop, but the lino would then be too far back, and it would look weird , instead of meeting in the middle of the door threshold.. The two floors with laminate layed would be roughly the same height/level though.