MBC raft foundation - what to do with membrane hanging over EPS

Coops85

Quick question.

The yellow membrane which goes on top of the EPS but under the concrete and UFH hangs over the edge of the EPS on various amounts round the perimeter of the house. What do we do with this? We are thinking of having like an aluminium fascia (?) going round the bottom below the render or cladding to cover the EPS.

Our internorm Lift and slide doors are just going in and the are wondering what to fix the external sill (?) onto with the yellow membrane being there. 

Any speedy helpful comments would be very much appreciated. 

7F74F372-6AE5-4589-9907-C3BF8C4B515D.jpeg

I left it as was, covered it with galvanised expanded mesh for rodent protection, then fitted black uPVC cladding around the lower part of the house.  As a precaution against insects getting in the cavity behind the cladding I used unwound catering size stainless steel pan scourers to close the bottom of the gap up, but I've since discovered that you can buy rolls of stainless steel wool, intended for filling motorcycle silencers, that is easier to use than pan scourers.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Jeremy Harris said:

I left it as was, covered it with galvanised expanded mesh for rodent protection, then fitted black uPVC cladding around the lower part of the house.  As a precaution against insects getting in the cavity behind the cladding I used unwound catering size stainless steel pan scourers to close the bottom of the gap up, but I've since discovered that you can buy rolls of stainless steel wool, intended for filling motorcycle silencers, that is easier to use than pan scourers.

Thanks Jeremy. 

The uPVC sounds a lot cheaper than the Aluminium. Where did you get your uPVC cladding from and what sort of profile works? 

How did you fit the mesh and cladding to the EPS? 

Sorry for what may seem like daft questions. 

Here's a cross section of the lower part of our external walls that may help:

image.thumb.png.ab156b8f6d1829dce1f5f6db3ac9bb59.png

This isn't quite as I did it, as I left the DPM layer where it was, running right down to ground level, rather than trim it.  The cladding I used was the widest width of L shaped fascia I could find, I think it was probably this one, or one like it, but in black: https://www.eurocell.co.uk/fascia-boards/replacement-fascia-18mm/250mm-x-18mm-fascia-board-in-white-x-5m

As our house is clad with waney edge larch, the 18mm thickness of the uPVC worked OK.  I just extended the vertical battens on which the cladding is fixed down to a few inches above ground level, and the L shape of the uPVC partially closed off the ends of them.  These battens also held the galvanised mesh in place, that was trapped behind the battens, and helped to keep the DPM flat against the EPS.

• Like 1