Boiler recommendations?

MrSniff

Hi all,

Our 15ish year old British Gas system boiler is now fairly regularly giving us problems, so although I think a boiler should last rather longer than 15 years I'm thinking of replacing it with a new combi boiler.

Are there any brands I should look to and anything else I should consider, such as a buffer tank?

Many thanks!

Maybe some more information would be helpful: this is for an extended 1920's 3 bed semi (UK) with two radiator zones and 1 zone underfloor heating (12 year old kitchen extension). Hot water usage is not overly high. Boiler is currently mounted in the loft and with a small vented cylinder in an airing cupboard below - there is not enough room in the cupboard for even the smallest UVC. The primary circuit is closed with a pressure tank set to about 1.5bar. Incoming cold pressure is very good (although I don't know the actual pressure).

I saw a post recommending the Vaillant EcoTec 938, which seems to have a built-in hot water store, but I don't think that's the same as a buffer which I understand I may need for the UHF? Although I've used BG for the previous boiler, I'm not sure their service is that great and getting a "proper" set up for the house seems from an independent sounds like a better long term option.

Any thoughts much appreciated.

Ian