Evening all

Shelfbuilder

evening people,

obligatory "I'm Dave and I have a problem post".

So, hi everybody, my name's Dave and I am finally beginning proper work on renovating the 3 bed home I share with the boss (the missus, not Bruce Springsteen). Most things I can tackle by thinking or browsing, but the main thing I will be picking peoples brains about here is retrofit MVHR and loft / trussing  fun and games.

Thanks for listening,

Dave

49 minutes ago, Shelfbuilder said:

evening people,

obligatory "I'm Dave and I have a problem post".

So, hi everybody, my name's Dave and I am finally beginning proper work on renovating the 3 bed home I share with the boss (the missus, not Bruce Springsteen). Most things I can tackle by thinking or browsing, but the main thing I will be picking peoples brains about here is retrofit MVHR and loft / trussing  fun and games.

Thanks for listening,

Dave

Hey !

Welcome !

Talk to bpcventilation.com . Send them a plan and they’ll design a system and layout to suit . Any other concerns just post away !!!

Morning,

ta for the warm welcome, not sure about the dodgy photo tho, I reckon you've photoshopped somebody elses face on there.

Re MVHR, got a layout and broad plan down. My first question on this is about how a typical unit handles warmer air coming in when you want to cool/retain a cool interior.

I had the view that they should be able to shed heat the same way that they recover heat, ie transfer incoming heat to the outgoing air to 'retain cool' on the interior. From reading this isn't how standard units, or even summer bypass works. Can anybody point me to a unit that works this way?

Note I'm not talking about active cooling, I understand theres a limit to how much these things can change temperature. I'm thinking that MVHR helps retain heat created by an independent system (radiators, solar gain, UFH etc), so if I have an independent source of cooling (air con) it should be possible to rig up an MVHR that will help keep things cool and not just throw cooled air outside only to replace with warm. Summers in this house are the first time I can remember being too hot indoors, and want to deal with this.

Cheers, Dave